The Convent Bulletin Board
Fellow Convent members! Yes (woo hoo!), I finally updated the web page! This
new page I've added will be used for Convent announcements (birthdays, anniversaries, well-wishing), calls for beta readers, writing challenges, and just plain (plane?) craziness. To kick things off, I will be posting a monthly (or so) challenge for the Convent members which will be posted both on this page and on the Convent e-loop. This will be another way of getting to know your fellow Convent members better (besides reading a member profile) by getting to know how their minds work, as we all like to have fun.
Convent Challenge #1 (Issued Sept. 7, 1997)
Write a romantic story involving the use of at least eight of the ten
objects/words listed below and using characters from Forever Knight:
1) Four Oreos (tm) (Nabisco Brand Cookies)
2) Four Thumbtacks
3) One Yellow Ribbon (Whatever length you want it to be)
4) One Math Book (weighs about 6 lbs.)
5) Four Jaw Breakers (Gobstoppers (tm) by Willy Wonka preferred)
6) One Tickle Me Elmo (tm)
7) One dog eared copy of "Green Eggs and Ham" [Sorry I couldn't help myself!]
8) One beanbag chair
9) One wall calendar of the year 1971
10) One stick of gum (DoubleMint-Double your pleasure, double your fun.)
The guidelines for this story:
Please try to keep it as non-smutty as you can for our Honourary members.
Innuendo is fine, pending Mother Superior's approval. Your story can be
silly, serious, or just normal(whatever that is ;-)). Please stick to the
Convent story guidelines found on the submittal website
. E-mail your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org. I'll be archiving the stories on the challenge website so please tell me if you want me to archive yours or not! The next challenge will be announced in about a month from now. Any questions?
Ready, set, TYPE!
Return to the main page.